Skip to content
- The insurance company does not owe the body shop of your choice anything for the repairs; they owe you. So if you do not stand up for yourself, the body shop and its employees have three options. Work for free or hack up your car or charge you for what the insurance company is trying to rip you off. If the shop does not charge you for the repairs, the insurance company has not breached their contract with you.
- No law requires you to get more than one estimate.
- You are not obligated to use any particular shop to obtain repairs.
- You choose the shop and authorize the repairs.
- You do not have to accept the Insurance Company’s appraisal of damage. Check the “Appraisal Clause” in your policy on how to resolve any differences.
- There can be a big difference in estimates, as any shop can give you a lower price by cutting corners, leaving things off the original evaluation, or simply missing on more profound problems. Our workers are craftsmen, and will restore your car at a fair price without cutting expenses.