Keep that insurance recommended shops are directed by their business partners to write only a basic estimate, so if you cash out, they saved money, which is very unethical and fraudulent! Another thing shops do it write a low estimate to get you in the door and then hit you with a significant estimate once it is taken apart.
When a customer brings in their car, we recommend looking over any estimates they have already received. That way, we can point out everything the other shops will be filing a supplement for if you go to them. Usually, these so-called estimates are short from 30% to 150%.
The best procedure after you have decided to proceed with us repairing your car is the following.
We do a health scan of the onboard computer and wash the outside of the auto if needed. Then we mark all the damages, take pictures and videos for documentation.
Then we start writing our computer estimate of repair as we are taking the car apart, mark the damaged parts and clips that need to be replaced. Store and protect all the parts that will be reinstalled after the repairs and painting have been completed. Once we come up with our repair plan, we will send it to the customer and, as a courtesy CC the insurance company or the person that damaged your auto that has agreed to pay for all the costs associated with bringing the automobile back to pre-loss condition. (Less the deductible if it’s your own insurance company and they have not waved it)
To keep the auto in the repair lineup, so the repairs are not delayed or placed in-store and protect. We require the customer to approve the repairs, as we have written in two business days.
After they have OK’d our estimated cost, we will proceed with the repairs, and if any major changes come up, we will let them know, so they are kept in the loop. We never negotiate your claim on your behalf as that is illegal, and the insurance companies know this.
Best Parts & Products
- Axalta Paint
- 3M repair products
- New Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts from the local dealerships
Manufacture Repair Recommendation
- Research manufacture repair recommendations (Cars are not built like they used to be)
- Pre Health Scan to check electrical functions (Most codes do not show on the dash)
- Pre-wash cars to reduce dirt in paint and check for damages
- PDR to eliminate or minimize Bondo fillers or welding studs that can damage the metal
- Match the e-coat on the backsides of panels, so it looks like it did
- Disassemble before refinishing (Your car was not painted with parts on the car)
- Aperture refinishes so you will not have blend lines or hard lines inside the door jambs
- Finish Sand and Polish after refinishing to remove any dust specs and adjust texture just like the factory does.
- Final wash for delivery to remove repair dust and dirt
- Post Scan to check electrical functions
Today’s cars are very costly to repair correctly.