Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) Training
Would you like to offer Paintless Dent Removal at your existing auto body repair business?
Come and learn from two of the best professionals in the country, Eddie Martin, owner and master PDR technician with more than 36 years of experience in the autobody repair industry, and Dr. Michael Kolodziej, a 7 year PDR technician, small business owner, and Doctor of Education have partnered to offer truly transformational training, based on Learning Science and years of experience.
Classes are individual and focus on step-by-step processes. You can learn how to work in a wide variety of scenarios, from small dents on top and side panels to more complex repairs like hail damage, crease dents, body lines, and dents on the edges of panels (see examples). Classes also focus on how to select the proper tools, access dents without drilling, brace configurations, and detailed secrets of inner panels.
We also offer additional advanced training, where we cover more complex damage in all areas of the vehicle, both foreign and domestic.
Please keep in mind that learning the art of Paintless Dent Repair is an ongoing process. The longer your training is the more details we can get into, and therefore the shorter it will be before you are ready to go out on your own.
- Introduction to PDR and explanation of different styles of dents
- Orientation and demonstration of PDR processes
- Explanation of damage theory and description of metal characteristics
- How to properly read different lights and the proper use of the fog boards
- Proper tool selection for a variety of damages
- Tool location exercises on practice panels
- High point recognition and removal techniques
- Removal of small lows
- Initial removal of small and medium size dents on practice panels
- Perfecting small and medium size repairs
- Initial removal of deeper and larger sized dents
- Perfecting deeper and larger size damage
- Techniques for removing creased dents, body line damage, pressure dents and hail damage
- Review all access points for all panels of the vehicle to ensure a “drill-free” technique
- Access lessons continued for hail with emphasis on headliners and interior trim
- Finishing techniques including the removal of micro lows
- Double metal and ways to access damage in these areas
- Proper color sanding and polishing
- PDR practice exercises
- Advanced use of fog boards & lights in direct sunlight
- Cross-checking techniques
- Tool customization basics
- Recommendations on Paintless Dent Repair tools from companies around the U.S.A.
- Urethane bumper reshaping
- How to properly repair stretched dents and dings
- Aluminum repairs
- Glue pulling for non-accessible area’s and larger damages
- How to deal with retail customers & body shops
- Estimating dents, dings, creases & hail repairs
Check out our Testimonials for feedback of our quality / experience!
• 5 days / 35 hour training
• 10 days / 70 hour training
• 15 days / 105 hour training
• Split package
• 2x 5 days / 35 hours training parts
• Maximum gap between parts: 6 months
• 20 days / 140 hour training
Package # 6
• 1 day / 7 hour training
Call Today for Classes and Availability! (619)726-6767
Advanced Paintless Dent repair training Patrick A Paradiso
I’m not one for writing long stories or even putting posts on forums. But I had to write this cause I do like to give credit where credit is due! So here it goes. About a little more than a year ago I decided to learn the art of PDR. I grew up in the car business so I had seen it done which interested me, quit a bit. So I started doing some research on Paintless Dent Removal Training. After a couple days I had learned not to go to one of the large training mills. Over the next several months I started looking at different places to train. Until I came across a post on DoorDing.com from a guy named Peter (pzmotorsports) had written about his Paintless Dent Repair Training experience with Eddie Martin of The Dent Devils in San Diego. It sounded like just what I had been looking for so I proceeded to call Eddie at The Dent Devils and ask him some of my own questions. I liked what he had to say and luckily he had an opening for the time I needed. Once I got there we got right to business with training. Luckily I was able to find my tool tip right away with Eddie’s help. In the 2 weeks I was there Eddie covered everything with me. From small dings, dents, bigger dents, glue pulling, bumper reshaping, headlight restoration, and even how to chase cougars and have good time at the San Diego night clubs. I definitely got my money’s worth out of the 2 weeks. The pace was good if I didn’t get it we stayed on that subject till I did. He even took me to Ultra Tools and Dent Gear which is about 2 hrs north of San Diego. That was great having him and the owners of the companies help me hand pick out my tool and accessories in person. It also gave me insight as to what goes into tool making. I left there feeling confident. Luckily my family is in the car business so I had plenty of cars to work on when I returned. Too many actually as my dad and uncle were liking it too much having a dent guy in the family. I think they were abusing me for a bit giving me collision work. So a year later I decided it was time to open my own mobile dent repair business. But before I did that I went back down to see Eddie just to get some final things worked out, and have him see my work in person for approval. After 2 more weeks of hanging out and doing some dents with Eddie looking over my shoulder I’m on my way home to opened my own successful dent business. Thanks Eddie (The Dent Devils PDR One on One Training) for everything I couldn’t have done this without all your help!!! Patrick A Paradiso II Completely Paintless Dent Removal / Repair Silver Creek NY”
* Training involves a combination of hands on, live Demonstrations & independent practice*